Once your property is listed, you will want your home to look its best in order that you obtain the highest value possible in today’s market. For guidance, refer to the 10 Points to Consider When Selling (below). Also see the 10 Tips for an Open House or Showing for valuable advice to use in presenting your home to potential buyers and/or other realtors.
- If possible, sell before buying - you're in a much stronger position to negotiate.
- A coat of paint does wonders, but don't go overboard with renovations just before selling as you may not recoup the money you spend.
- When selecting a paint color just before selling, wherever possible choose white or something neutral.
- Create a warm friendly atmosphere with fresh flowers and lots of light - for day showings open the drapes and for night showings switch on all inside and outside lights.
- Repair any roof leaks or damp patches as these two things make buyers very nervous.
- Tell the REALTOR® exactly what is staying and what is not (i.e. fixed shelves and mirrors).
- Make sure that your home is properly priced, so that it may compete to its best advantage in the market place.
- Keep your home uncluttered - all that clutter that you have got so used to around your home - please put it away in boxes for the duration of the marketing of your home.
- Keep lawns trimmed and garden neat.
- Use Tom Whitfield as your REALTOR® to get top dollar for your home, the best terms, and least inconvenience to you.